[Samba] Samba - XP performance problem

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Thu Aug 11 20:36:47 GMT 2005

On Thu, Aug 11, 2005 at 12:39:55PM -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:

> Ok, I'm using the "disk test" part of www.passmark.com and can reproduce
> the "1 byte write every 64k followed by a qfilinfo" call against Samba,
> latest SVN code - but it also does the same against my Windows 2003 SP1
> server....

Looking closely, the "disk test" here does the 1 byte per 32k write
until it's set the "full size" for the test - then does writes. The
"full size" for the test seems to be related to the size of the
underlying disk you're testing.

I don't see a difference in behaviour between Samba3 and W2K3
here with an XP client.

Jeremy.