[Samba] What is the right script: W2K AD, Solaris8-SMB/KRB/LDAP, Win Clients?

P V ditirambo_farfulla at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 11 14:21:10 GMT 2005

   I'm so confused about the use of Samba.
   This is my situation:
   I have one Win2k domain with Active Directory. The
main network has only one PDC, but in others networks
I have 5 servers more, all under the same main domain
(I don't have subdomains).
   I need to put some files in a Solaris 8 and 9
servers that Win2kPro and WinXP can to access, with
its domain accounts. Aditionally, I neet to put
security to the shares in Solaris under the Active
Directory Accounts.
   So, when a user with permisions to access the
shared folder in Solaris, get the files, through
his/her Windows Active Directory account.

   First: Is this possible?

   I've installed samba-3.0.20rc1.tar.gz (before I
tested samba-3.0.14a.tar.gz, but I cannot get
connected). I installed openldap-2.2.26.tar and
krb5-1.4.1-signed.tar.
   I've compile Samba with this options:
   LDFLAGS="-L/opt/local/openldap/lib
-Wl,-R/opt/local/openldap/lib"
   CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/local/openldap/include

   ./configure --prefix=/opt/local/samba
--with-winbind --with-ads --with-ldap
--with-krb5=/opt/local/kerberos5

   I get the executables right and correctly
installed.
   After I've test all scripts and directions in each
sheet of the HOW-TO's and whatever, but I cannot get
the desired results.

   So: what are the correct scripts to install?
somebody would help me to understand how to make an
installation to works?

   Thanks in advance.