[Samba] newbie: Samba with Mysql question

Lonnie lonnie at outstep.com
Thu Aug 11 02:51:21 GMT 2005

Greetings All,

I am new to this list and currently have a Fedora 3 server set up with
Samba which just needs to be configured.

I would like to set up the MySQL database support for users and
passwords as we have another project that will want to add entries to
the Samba database so when the users are created so that they will have
access to their home directories via samba.

Could someone please give me a little guidance on how to set this up?

I have Samba "samba-3.0.10-1.fc3" installed and my next step after
getting it to function cleanly will be to install the OpenVPN software
on the server so the clients will have clean and secure access through
samba.

Thanks for any help and guidance that you could provide to get me
started on the configurations.

Lonnie Cumberland