[Samba] Re: Server Netbios name

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Wed Aug 10 19:22:08 GMT 2005

John Graves wrote:

> Here is the global conf:
>
> [global]
>     domain master = No
>     netbios name = Debian
>     local master = No
>     workgroup = AUDUBON
>     os level = 20
>     security = share
>     preferred master = no

Wow, you have like every option flipped from how I set up Samba PDC's... I would guess that what ever is suppose to be your WINS server on the network is not cataloging this server correctly. To me it
looks like this is suppose to be some sort of peer file share box at best... set to be "very apologetic" about the fact that it is on the network. You don't offer many details about "the rest" of your
network... but these settings lead me to believe you have other SMB talking servers, yes?

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems