[Samba] samba with ads

Mattier, Ricardo Ricardo.Mattier at windriver.com
Wed Aug 10 17:10:10 GMT 2005

Hello,
    I am currently building samba 3.10 on a Solaris 9. When I use the
following configure line
        ./configure --with-pam --with-winbind --with-ads
--with-krb5=/usr/lib/krb5 --with-ldap=/usr/local/openldap
    I get this message:
        checking for LDAP support... auto
        checking ldap.h usability... no
        checking ldap.h presence... yes
        configure: WARNING: ldap.h: present but cannot be compiled
        configure: WARNING: ldap.h:     check for missing prerequisite
headers?
        configure: WARNING: ldap.h: see the Autoconf documentation
        configure: WARNING: ldap.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be
Compiled"
        configure: WARNING: ldap.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's
result
        configure: WARNING: ldap.h: in the future, the compiler will
take precedence
        configure: WARNING:     ##
------------------------------------------ ##
        configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to the AC_PACKAGE_NAME
lists.  ##
        configure: WARNING:     ##
        checking for ldap.h... yes
        checking lber.h usability... yes

It seems it sees ldap.h, but it can't use it.  Any ideas?

Rick Mattier
Systems Analyst II
Wind River Systems
Canton: 781 364-2002