[Samba] samba logons

Scott Mayo sgmayo at mail.bloomfield.k12.mo.us
Wed Aug 10 15:06:27 GMT 2005

I have a 'root prexec' and a 'root postexec' in samba that executes a
perl script that makes a batch file for the user logging on.  The file
is saved as /opt/samba/netlogon/username.bat.  The batch file is then
run to make logonscripts.

The 'root prexec' runs when the user logs in to create the file, which
is fine.

The 'root postexec' is supposed to run when the user logs out to delete
the batch file, if I am correct on how the 'root postexec' works.  The
problem is (not causing any problem, but want to know what is
happening), that the batch file seems to actually dissappear off of the
server after a bit of time, without the user logging out.  Why would
this happen?

--
Scott Mayo
Technology Coordinator

Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side and it
holds the universe together.