[Samba] help please with winbind...

Greg Westland GWestland at lgc.com
Wed Aug 10 07:02:47 GMT 2005

All,

Can anyone help me with an issue I seem to be having with my samba/winbind (3.0.9) install on Solaris 8. I've got to the stage where Samba and winbind seem to be working ok but...

The "# getent group" command returns all the unix groups and only one Windows groups - Domain Admins - I think I'm really close with this and am unsure where the problem could be.
With the "# getent passwd" command this works fine and returns all the users in Unix and PC Domain with a group id of 11803 for PC accounts but I can't then check the PC group name with "# getent group|grep 11803" because it doesn't list this group only Domain Admins!!!

Your help would be greatly appreciated and if more info is needed please let me know.

Regards

Greg

This e-mail, including any attached files, may contain confidential and privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any review, use, distribution, or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive information for the intended recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.