[Samba] Acl and mask issue

Maxime Woznicki maxime.woznicki at club-internet.fr
Wed Aug 10 11:01:19 GMT 2005

Hello all,

I've set up a samba 3.0.14a on debian with kernel 2.6.5 with ext3 and
acl support.
Samba is running as a simple PDC just to share efficiently and to manage
permissions on shares.

My problem is really simple : How to force file creation mode to
rwxr-x--- (0640) and directory creation mode to rwxr-x--- (0750) for all
users of the same group ?
I've set a lot of parameters to manage this but result is always the same :
files are created with rwxrwx--- permissions
directories are created with rwxrwxr-x permissions

Notice : Files and directories are created from an XP pro box

the root share :
# getfacl /share
user::rwx
group::r-x