[Samba] Re: Samba with NIS Authentication

Saurabh Jain jassduec at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 18:47:00 GMT 2005

I have a huge UNIX network. I want to deploy a Samba server using NIS
Authentication mechanism for the growing number of windows machines.
What are the pros and cons of using NIS authentication with Samba?
Also any pointer/docs in setting up Samba with NIS Authentication. I
am pretty much familiar in setting up Samba using the default
smbpasswd authentication.

Thanks in advance