[Samba] Mail items not showing in outlook from network shared pst file

Ron Daniel rdaniel at simsmetal.com.au
Tue Aug 9 08:11:02 GMT 2005

We are using a solaris box running samba

We have seen that approximately one month's email is missing from a
user's pst file if the file is located on a samba share.

The general and specific sections of our smb.conf file are as below. The
mailboxes are stored in the [mail] share.

# Samba config file created using SWAT

# from 10.186.1.254 (10.186.1.254)

# Date: 2005/07/27 10:38:57

# Global parameters

[global]

      workgroup = UNIX

      server string = Samba %v on %h

      passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u

      unix password sync = Yes

      log level = 1

      log file = /var/samba/log/log.%m

      time server = Yes

      add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd %u

      delete user script = /usr/sbin/userdel %u

      os level = 65

      preferred master = Yes

      wins support = Yes

      username =
@eureka, at user, at accounts, at intldiv, at trading, at infosys, at audit

      create mask = 0660

      directory mask = 0770

      print command = /usr/bin/lp -o nobanner -c -d%p %s >> /tmp/%p.log
; rm %s

...other entries

[mail]

      comment = User mailboxes