[Samba] create smbpasswd on remotesystem

Tue Aug 9 11:27:00 GMT 2005

hi,
I have a special problem. First some background.
Running a Diskless Client (no login - just a guest-user) on which Samba
shares some folders.
Want to start a remote session with Xnest.
On that XDM-Server i'm authenticating myself.

Now the problem: I want to create a smbpasswd-file with the credentials
from the login (PAM) and copy it to the Diskless Client.
Is there a way to create that file with that one user?

Btw, I have tried pam_smbpass.so.
But as far as I understood, pam_smbpass awaits smbpasswd and pam-module
 on the same system, or?

Any suggestions?

Jan