[Samba] samba and windows 2003

MOR90Z MOR90Z at telnor.net
Tue Aug 9 05:32:33 GMT 2005

  Hi to all, this is my first post to this list, iam new to samba, right now in my work we are using one Red Hat 9 box running samba 2.22 i think, well is less than the 3, is a Member of one Win NT 4.0 PDC, we are going to receive one win 2k3 server this week and we are going to change our PDC with this new server, but my doubt is:

  If we upgrade our PDC to windows 2003, do we need to update samba on the Linux box or samba 2.22 could work with win 2k3 without any problem?

  The Linux is running kernel 2.4.21, i see on www.kernel.org that the last version of 2.4 is 31 -> 2.4.31, do we need to update linux kernel to?

  This are my doubts, i dont know if we continue with the Linux box like its right now or we update the kernel and packages, thanks all for your time.