[Samba] wbinfo problem

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Mon Aug 8 15:35:33 GMT 2005

Hi all,

I am trying to setup a samba pdc using the "making users happy" example from
Samba-by-Example. Everything seems to check out fine except that I cannot get
wbinfo -u to work. When I do wbinfo -g I get a list of the groups. If I do
wbinfo -u I get the following:

(pocono pts4) # wbinfo -u
Error looking up domain users
(pocono pts4) #

I tried turning up the logging for samba but wbinfo does not seem to generate
any entries.

All of the other tests I have tried work. I can even use smbclient to login
and poke around.

I am using samba-3.0.14a on Red Hat EL4 running on an em64t system.

In addition I am having the same problem on the bdc. That box is identical to
the pdc.

Can someone tell me how to troubleshoot this problem?

Regards,

Tom Diehl		tdiehl at rogueind.com		Spamtrap address mtd123 at rogueind.com