[Samba] one opinion about searching samba docs for answers

Matthew Easton info at sublunar.com
Sat Aug 6 01:11:36 GMT 2005

On Friday 05 August 2005 14:50, John H Terpstra wrote:

> It would take a rather large book to document all the error and warning
> messages from the Samba source code. In fact, that is a project I have
> often contemplated, but backed away until someone will provide funding to
> make it possible to dedicate that time needed to systematically complete
> such an undertaking.

Say, this is the kind of problem that maybe a samba errors wiki could solve?
People would have a structure to document errors.  And as the wiki grows it
would become easier to search than mailing list archives.  To keep it from
becoming simply a web-based discussion list, it would probably require
moderation or volunteers to format information as articles. Maybe it would be
possible to pre-load the site with known error messages from the source code.