[Samba] configure options for 3.x -still experimental?

Moondance Foxmarnick calabash at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 5 18:12:35 GMT 2005

Hello. I am trying to set up SAMBA 3.x on FC4. SAMBA will be PDC with no
other server. I work at a K-12 school, so unless I want 20 episodes of
"Family Guy" in a student's folder, I need to set quotas.
I've been looking around for 2 days and I'm stumped.
I found something called smbcquotas, but it seems to apply to a mixed NT
server environment.
I heard rumors of configure options --with-quotas, but couldn't find any
documentation in my Terpstra/Vernooij book. Finally I found a reference
to it my "Using SAMBA" book - it says it is experimental! Is that still
true?
Does no-one use quotas? Or is it a blindingly simple Linux thing that I
don't know about? I found un-answered posts through-out the Internet on
disk-quotas. What do other people do?
T.I.A.