[Samba] idmap_rid in Samba/Winbind

Ryan Beckett rbeckett at abaquscentral.com
Fri Aug 5 15:41:48 GMT 2005

I would like to use the 'idmap_rid' option in the smb.conf file. I tried
it but it apparently didn't work. Does anyone know how to tell if this
module is even installed? I am using RHEL WS4 with Samba 3.0.10. From
what I can tell this module is not provided by Red Hat in this release.
I may be wrong though but I have no idea to check if it is installed or
available to use. If anyone can tell me how to check this and/or how to
install this I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

RB