[Samba] Problems with 3.0.20rc1 and International Characters

Michael Harris michael.harris at rmit.edu.au
Fri Aug 5 04:43:32 GMT 2005

Hi,

I am having some problems with copying file with international characters (icelandic) to my samba server from OS X 10.4.2. I had to upgrade to Samba 3.0.20rc1 as I'm running Fedor Core 4 and Samba 3.0.14 which ships with FC 4 doesn't work at all with OS X 10.4.2. When I try to copy for example the folder named "Múm" the finder just gives an error message saying invalid character. But when I copy the same folder to a boc Running FC 3 with Samba 3.0.8 it works fine. Is there any way to fix this problem apart from downgrading to Samba 3.0.8?.

Thanks

Mike