[Samba] how can i add group policy in samba

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Fri Aug 5 01:41:44 GMT 2005

> when you say change settings are you referring to the client machine?
>
> if so, then there are a number of ways to do this.
>
> 1. By using user profiles
> 2. If you set this server up as an LDAP server, then you can manage the
> groups the same way you would manage the groups on a Win2000 Server, with
> the help Poledit.exe.

This statement is a little bit off.  With a Windows 200x ADC you use Group
Policies to do most of this type of work.  With a WinNT DC you use
poledit.exe and the NTConfig.POL style policy file.  With a Samba controlled
domain you cannot do ADC Group Policies, but you can utilize the
NTConfig.POL method.