[Samba] Beta Version Windows Longhorn/Vista cant connect to samba

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Thu Aug 4 15:03:31 GMT 2005

On Thu, Aug 04, 2005 at 11:59:29AM +0200, Mark Coetser wrote:
> Hi Ppl
>
> Running the following
>
> Debian Stable (sarge)
> Samba version 3.0.14a-Debian
>
> I have had the following running fine as a domain controller with an ldap
> backend, I have windows 2000 and windows xp machines logged into the domain
> and all working 100%.
>
> I recently got hold of the 32bit version of windows vista/longhorn and
> decided to install it and try it out, when trying to connect to the shares
> on the samba server it comes up with a login, when trying all types of login
> combinations ie domain\user, user etc etc it just pops up the login again,
> in the samba logs for both the daemons and the workstation I am seeing
> nothing but

This is something that Andrew Bartlett has *just* (this week) fixed
here at the CIFS conference. The fix will be in 3.0.20 when it is
officially released, and in the next 3.0.20 release candidate.

Andrew fixed it within about 1-2 hours of first seeing a Windows "vista"
system, which I think was pretty good going :-).

As it's not officially out yet we won't officially support it until
Microsoft does, but we will track the betas.

Jeremy.