[Samba] Quota on Windows Profile

"M. Müller" malte.mueller at ewetel.net
Wed Aug 3 14:58:14 GMT 2005

Liew Toh Seng wrote:

> Hi,
>
>    I've problem to control the size for each users's windows profile.
> Is there anyway for me to set quota for users's profile ?

Hi,
yes there are two ways who could/should be used in conjunction:
1.: You can set the maximum profile-size using policies, for example
using the microsoft policy editor (poledit, orktools) and a
administrative template (system.adm e.g.). Create a NTConfig.POL with
appropriate settings and store that in the [netlogon] share.
2.: use folder redirection, explained in detail in Mr. John Terpstra's
famous Samba-Guide, to keep profiles small and minimize the danger of
corrupted profiles.

Hope this helps,
Malte Müller