[Samba] Problem to logon after join LDAP/SAMBA domain

Louis van Belle louis at van-belle.nl
Tue Aug 2 08:07:48 GMT 2005

Hi Felipe,

first if you want you can write to me in you native language ;-)
ik can read almost every language.

samba gives you a default SID, this one is used. ( net getlocalsid )
but if you want a other you can set a new SID 	 ( net setlocalsid sid)

the problem you have is that your workstations are created with a different
sid then your domain sid is. the easiest way to fix this is keep your domain
sid.
so first change the smbldap.conf , add the correcte sid. ( found with net
getlocalsid )

export your database, en find in the ldiff wrong sid's , change them to the
corrected.
remove all the good entrys out of this file.
backup your ldap and samba database.

delete the corrected objects out of the ldap database and import the
corrected again.
that should do it.

Let me know if it worked.

Louis