[Samba] AD users

Sergio Ruiz sergio at lacasadeesperanza.org
Mon Aug 1 15:54:08 GMT 2005

Hi folks. This is my first time!

I'm trying to introduce Samba in my W2K network, but I'm already having
problems. I can join the Samba server to the domain, and I also can get
the domain's user list with the command 'getent passwd'. I also can use
a shared public folder in the Samba server, but I can't access
individual folders per user.

When I check the Samba server I see the public folder, where I can do
whatever I want, and a folder with the name of the Windows username I'm
logged onto from my desktop, but when I try to get inside that folder,
I'm asked for username and password, I the Windows password doesn't
allow me to enter.

Is there any way to make it transparent to the user? I mean, when I'm
logged onto the network, can I see and use my folder in the Samba server
without any authentication?

Thanks in advance,

Sergio J Ruiz

I.T. Coordinator

La Casa de Esperanza, Inc

sergio at lacasadeesperanza.org <mailto:sergio at lacasadeesperanza.org>

262-832-1513

This information is confidential and intended for the use of the
individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Any disclosure, copying,
distribution, and/or taking of any action based upon its contents is
strictly prohibited. If you received this email in error, please notify
the sender. HS-512