[Samba] NTLM-Auth Problem

Patrick blitz blitz at post891.org
Mon Aug 1 09:25:35 GMT 2005

Good Morning.

For my vpn Server, i'm using a winbindd and NTLM Based Authentication setup against my AD.

Recently, as a new User was added, i found this:

The User can't log in using ntlm_auth at all, getting rejected because of "No Such user". On the windows Side, the user works just fine, and other users can use ntlm_auth fine.

Heres my smb.conf on the vpn server (only winbindd and nmbd are started)

Samba version 3.0.14a-Debian (Distro should be clear to by that :))

rom-linux:~# cat /etc/samba/smb.conf
 [global]
 workgroup = DOMAIN
 realm =DOMAIN.LAN
 interfaces = 192.168.12.30 127.0.0.1
 server string = server.DOMAIN.lan
 load printers = no
 log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
 security = ads
 local master = no
 domain master = no
 preferred master = no
 wins server = 192.168.12.2
 dns proxy = no
 winbind uid = 10000-20000
 winbind gid = 10000-20000
 winbind use default domain = yes
 winbind separator = \\

any way i can further digest/debug this?

Thanks in advance,

Patrick