[Samba] profiles reverting from local to roaming

Kevin Brouelette kevin1a at varlog.net
Mon Aug 1 05:26:46 GMT 2005

Hi

I don't know if you resolved this yet but I have the same thing on Centos
4.1
which uses the same version of samba. pdbedit won't change the profile
nor will changes in smb.conf so I
added the 'sambaSamAccount' attribute 'sambaProfilePath' with "" as the
entry
for the user I was testing.  now 'pdbedit -Lv user' shows the profile path
changed to ""
which 'should' turn it off. [??]
I only get the error 'cannot save the profile' once in a while [usually the
users 1st logon]
so it may re-appear for me if I'm wrong here.
 I have no 'profiles' share on my server yet. Just testing.
BYW...did you disable it in smbldap.conf before you populated the ldap??
I had it enabled there and now it seems to be the default for all users new
and old.
Kevin B