[Samba] PDC without passwd

Sandro Possa debian at centralx.com
Fri Apr 29 21:15:15 GMT 2005

        Hi,

        I have a samba 3.0.14a running on a Debian Sarge as PDC, and
        it's working greatly.

        The only problem I got so far is that it only works if I
        create a user on my linux (passwd) to match the user I created
        with smbpasswd.

        As far as I know, PAM, LDAP, MySQL and such are used only to
        do the authentication, and not to store the user ID and other
        user info. I can be wrong, I really don't know.

        So, my question is: how can I detach the samba user base from
        the linux user base?

        Regards,

ps.: sorry about my poor english.

--