[Samba] winbind and NTLM authentication problems - NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED

John H Terpstra jht at Samba.Org
Wed Apr 27 19:07:49 GMT 2005

On Wednesday 27 April 2005 12:58, Ashutosh Kamdar wrote:
> Thank you for pointing this out, Paul. I was assuming this to be some sort
> of cache for previously accesses to machines in the domain. But, I was
> wrong.
>
> The Samba HOW-TO documentation does not say anything specific about
> configuring winbind while becoming a part of the NT domain. Are there any
> tools that the group is aware of to test whether the samba server is indeed
> a domain member?

OK - I'll bite. When you have figured out how to solve the problem please,
please give me documentation updates so we can fix this glaring deficiency.
In the mean time, I would appreciate a pointer the the section numbers of the
documentation that you did read and that did not provide the necessary
answer.

I am in the process of updating the Samba-HOWTO-Collection and would like to
close the gap as soon as possible.

Thanks for pointing out a problem area.

Meanwhile, May I suggest chapter 7 of the book "Samba-3 by Example", also
known as the Samba-Guide. You can download it from:

	http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/Samba-Guide.pdf

It may help a lot. (Then again, it may not).

- John T.

--
John H Terpstra
Samba-Team Member