[Samba] winbind and NTLM authentication problems - NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Wed Apr 27 18:26:19 GMT 2005

>DOMAINNAME is not the real name of the domain I am joining. I have sanitized the logs for obvious reasons.

Maybe I'm crazily niave, but I'll never understand why things need to be
santized that much...  password hashes, sure; real world IP addresses,
you bet; things that don't matter in the world outside of your network,
who cares?  Anyway, back to the issue at hand, since we've gotten this
out of the way.

>How do I check if the samba server has joined the domain or not? The net roc join command suggested by the documentation was executed with the smbd,nmbd stopped and it worked just fine. No errors reported. Out of curiousity, what part of the log suggested that the server hasn't joined the domain?

Oh, I see I left the wrong line of the log... it was this one:

[2005/04/27 06:12:09, 5] libsmb/trustdom_cache.c:trustdom_cache_fetch(184)
  no entry for trusted domain DOMAINNAME found.

Not being a winbind-runner here, I can't offer much beyond pointing at
the documentation to be sure you've followed all of the steps there to
be sure your setup is sane.

--
Paul Gienger                    Office: 701-281-1884
Applied Engineering Inc.