[Samba] RE: CRLF << -- >> LF

Green, Paul Paul.Green at stratus.com
Wed Apr 27 18:04:11 GMT 2005

No, I don't. But I do know that Samba provides transparent file access -- it
has no idea what data is in the files it offers to the clients. It could be
a database, a JPEG, a text document, or an executable program. What you
suggest would be an extremely bad idea.  You need better clients -- it is
the clients that interpret the contents of the file. Samba is just another
file access method.

In the future, do not send blanket email to the Samba developers. Post your
questions to the public samba at samba.org mailing list, and read previous

PG