[Samba] Question to the Samba-Developer

John H Terpstra jht at Samba.Org
Wed Apr 27 16:18:09 GMT 2005

On Wednesday 27 April 2005 09:54, Jerome Tournier wrote:
> Le Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 03:59:51PM +0200, Holger Wesser a ecrit:
> > add group script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-groupadd -p "%g"
> > by default, it creates a global group. So is there a variable available,
> > that specifies the type of group?
>
> You can use the -t option of smbldap-groupadd. Available values are:
> -t group type
>   set the NT Group type for the new group. Available values are
>   'domain' (group type 2), 'local' (group type 4) and 'builtin'
>   (group type 5). The default group type is "domain" (type 2).
>
> Note that actual documentations are wrong. The value mus be domain, local
> or builtin (not 2, 4 or 5).

In respect of Holger's need however, I am not aware of any way that the
required information can be passed from Samba to the "add group script". I do
not kow of any macro that can be used to pass that information across the
great divide between Samba and the script. This means that it may be
necessary either to default to management only of a "domain" group, or else
to specify the interface script parameters as:

   add group script = /opt/IDEALX/sbin/smbldap-groupadd -p %g -t domain

Does anyone have better insight into this?

- John T.
--
John H Terpstra
Samba-Team Member