[Samba] Adding local group -> Access denied

Holger Wesser wesser at gmx.com
Wed Apr 27 12:59:56 GMT 2005

Hi folks,

I think, there's something wrong with documentation of the
smbldap-scripts. In the doc is said:

"-t group type:set the NT Group type for the new group. Available values
are 2 (domain group), 4 (local group) and 5 (builtin group). The default
group type is 2."

That's wrong. The parameters are "-t domain", "-t local" or "-t
builtin". There is a mapping function in smbldap_tools.pm at line 903:

"
sub group_type_by_name {
~  my $type_name = shift;
~  my %groupmap = (
				  'domain' => 2,
				  'local' => 4,
				  'builtin' => 5
				 );
~  return $groupmap{$type_name};
}
"

Okay, that doesn't solve my origin problem, because I still can't create
local groups with the NT-Usermanager.

Greetings,
Holger

Holger Wesser wrote:
| Hi Paul,
|
| I tried it on the console and got a:
|
| "/usr/sbin/smbldap-groupadd: unknown group type 4"
|
| Well, I searched through the perl scripts, but sorry- as a
| non-programmer I cannot find anything.
|
| I set the log level to "3", but the outputs in the logfile seems to me
| okay.
|
| Maybe I made errors when using the smbldap-groupadd command:
|
| 'smbldap-groupadd -a -g 1038 -t 2 abakus'
|
| Unfortunately, I couldn't find an example how to use the command exactly.
|
| Greetings,
| Holger
|

| Paul Gienger wrote:
| |
| |> short question: I try to add a local group via the NT-Usermanager
| |> ("usrmgr.exe"), but everytime I get a "Access denied". Adding a global
| |> group works. I'm logged on as "Administrator". I'm running Samba
3.0.14a
| |> on Debian Sarge (testing) with the smbldap-tools (v0.8.8).
| |>
| |> What could I have done wrong?
| |
| |
| | Well, what have you tried to debug this?
| | What is the output from running the add group script from the command
| | line?  Do you have other groupmaps working just fine?
| |