[Samba] smbldap-tools Perl error (FreeBSD)

Per olof Ljungmark peo at intersonic.se
Wed Apr 27 11:43:27 GMT 2005

Gavin Henry wrote:
> <quote who="Per olof Ljungmark">
>
>>smbldap-tools 0.8.7
>>FreeBSD 5.4-RC2
>>Samba 3.1.14
>>Perl 5.8.2
>>
>>When I try to use any of the tools, the following message appears. Any
>>hints on how to fix it are welcome.
>>
>>Bareword "print_banner" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at
>>/usr/local/sbin/smbldap-useradd line 43.
>>Execution of /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-useradd aborted due to compilation
>>errors.
>>

> They've probably missed a $ off of print_banner. Have you looked at line 43?

Hi Gavin,

42 if ( (!$ok) || (@ARGV < 1) || ($Options{'?'}) ) {
43 print_banner;
44 print "Usage: $0 [-awmugdsckABCDEFGHMNPST?] username\n";

Adding a "$" does not change much, however, if I comment out
"use strict;" it works. Now, what would be the problem with commenting
that out? I suspect this could be FBSD-specific.

Per olof