[Samba] Problems with Winbind and NTLM Authentication

Thomas Mainzer thomas.mainzer at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 09:24:41 GMT 2005

Hi all!

After upgrading from Samba2 to Samba 3.0.10 we have some serious
problems with authenticating users with Winbind via NTLM to a NT4
Domain.

After working for a while a strange error occurs in the Winbind log.
Every authentication attempt ends with a serious error
"NT_STATUS_PIPE_DISCONNECT". Can anybody tell me what´s happening here?
Restarting winbind has no affect. The error keeps coming. After
switching back to Samba 2 everything is fine.

I´ve searched Goggle and the Mailinglist archive but noone mentioned
this error before.

Thanks for your help.

Thomas