[Samba] Winbind samba pdc

Ramses van Pinxteren Ramses at niob.knaw.nl
Wed Apr 27 08:41:46 GMT 2005

Hi,

I still have my problem that my samba PDC doesnt want to accept
winbind queries.

wbinfo -u or -g or -t does only generate errors. the logfiles show a
blissfull silence.

who has a working PDC with winbind in samba? I really need it urgently now!

Here is my smb.conf file
[global]
workgroup = SMB3
netbios name = SMB-TEST
add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -m %u
delete user script = /usr/sbin/userdel -r %u
add group script = /usr/sbin/groupadd %g
delete group script = /usr/sbin/groupdel %g
add user to group script = /usr/sbin/groupmod -A %u %g
delete user from group script = /usr/sbin/groupmod -R %u %g
add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd -s /bin/false -d /var/lib/nobody %u
# Note: The following specifies the default logon script.
# Per user logon scripts can be specified in the user account using pdbedit
logon script = scripts\logon.bat
# This sets the default profile path. Set per user paths with pdbedit
logon path = \\%L\Profiles\%U
logon drive = H:
logon home = \\%L\%U
domain logons = Yes
os level = 35
preferred master = Yes
domain master = Yes
idmap uid = 15000-20000
idmap gid = 15000-20000
printing = cups

[homes]
   comment = Home Directories
   valid users = %S
   read only = No
   browseable = No

# Printing auto-share (makes printers available thru CUPS)
[printers]
   comment = All Printers
   path = /var/spool/samba
   printer admin = root,ramses
   create mask = 0600
   guest ok = Yes
   printable = Yes
   browseable = No

[print$]
   comment = Printer Drivers Share
   path = /var/lib/samba/drivers
   write list = ramses, root
   printer admin = ramses, root

# Needed to support domain logons
[netlogon]
   comment = Network Logon Service
   path = /etc/samba/logon
   admin users = root, ramses
   guest ok = Yes
   browseable = No
   # For profiles to work, create a user directory under the path
   # shown. i.e., mkdir -p /var/lib/samba/profiles/maryo

[Profiles]
   comment = Roaming Profile Share
   path = /var/lib/samba/profiles
   read only = No
   profile acls = Yes
   # Other resource (share/printer) definitions would follow below.

[All]
   path = /i
   read only = yes
   guest ok = yes