[Samba] Minimal Samba

Alex J my_real_name at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 27 03:47:10 GMT 2005

>From: John H Terpstra <jht at Samba.Org>

>[global]
>	workgroup='your-workgroup'
>
>[homes]
>
>If your workgroup=WORKGROUP (the windows default) that line can be omitted,
>but you need at least one parameter in the [global] stanza.
>
>For the rest, please refer to chapter 1 of the book "Samba-3 by Example,
>2nd
>Edition" downloadable from http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/Samba-Guide.pdf
>
>Chapter 1 provides 3 simple network configurations that work. The above
>configuration is not very useful, but it answers your question precisely.

John,

Thank you for the precision of your answer. It helped me to find out that
the problem was in firewall settings rather then in Samba. It works now.

As far as chapter 1 of the book goes, I think it is brilliant, and should be
advertised more on the relevant sites.

Thank you and best regards,

Alex