[Samba] NIS schema clash [solved]

Hans du Plooy hansdp at sagacit.com
Tue Apr 26 12:32:15 GMT 2005

On Mon, 2005-04-25 at 18:15 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
> > There seems to be a conflict between schemas.  I get the following
> > message when starting the ldap server:
> > Starting ldap-server /etc/openldap/schema/nis.schema: line 40:
> > Dubplicate attributeType: "1.3.6.1.1.1.1.0"
>
> What attribute is this?  Have you looked at just commenting out the
> offending attribute in one of the files?  For instance, several schemas
> define displayName,  you just pick one to provide it.

Hi, I found the problem.  SUSE 9.2 Pro has a rfc2307bis.schema file too,
which contains everything that the nis.schema file contains, and a whole
lot more.  removing nis.schema thus has no ill-efect, but removing the
rfc2307bis one makes ldap complain about missing attributes from
samba.schema.  So nis goes..... :-)

Thanks
--
Kind regards