[Samba] Re: Samba Server [Solaris 8] on Windows 2K/2003 [ADS] network

Eric Boehm boehm at nortel.com
Tue Apr 26 12:18:27 GMT 2005

On Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 06:11:15AM -0500, TimS wrote:

    Tim> CHRISTOPH: I've never done that. How do you do it?

Using ip aliases. See "man ifconfig", see the section on logical interfaces.

Briefly

   LOGICAL INTERFACES

   Solaris TCP/IP allows multiple logical interfaces to be associated
   with a physical network interface. This allows a single machine to be
   assigned multiple IP addresses, even though it may have only one
   network interface. Physical network interfaces have names of the form
   driver-name physical-unit-number, while logical interfaces have names
   of the form driver-name physical-unit-number:logical-unit-number. A
   physical interface is configured into the system using the plumb
   command. For example:

--
Eric M. Boehm                  /"\  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
boehm at nortel.com               \ /  No HTML or RTF in mail