[Samba] RedHat EL 3 rpm spec file and samba 3.0.14a?

Gerald (Jerry) Carter jerry at samba.org
Mon Apr 25 22:13:34 GMT 2005

Dimitri Yioulos wrote:

> I've used rpmbuild with the "stock" samba-3.0.14a.tar.gz
> source file to create, then install, on a CentOS 3.4 box
> (an RHEL AS 3 clone).  Works like a champ.

The different in our RedHat packaging directory and the RHEL3
rpms is only a single RPM vs. multiple RPMS.  The Fedora directory
was based initially on a spec file from FC1 so it should match what
RedHat is doing these day (except that i never patch the tarball).

Both will run but the Fedora package layout will probably
upgrade better from RH's own RPMs.

cheers, jerry