[Samba] Many problems since a reinstall.

Caroly Arenas caroly.arenas at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 14:43:12 GMT 2005

Hi there,

Recently, i had a kernel panic on my computer.. Afortunately, I had
backup and easily made a restore of the computer. BUT, samba has
become a really headache for me.
First of all, I had to rejoin the domain in the clients, that was
fine, the users could login to the clients, but they couldn't open
some programs like Inventor nor AutoCAD.
On the try to resolve that, it started to show this error on the
clients (WIN2000): One of the devices related to the system doesn't
work. Now I can't even login to the machines, this is really driving
me crazy. I have tried to lookup errors, mistakes, or whatever and I
cannot find why is this happening.
I checked the SID and it seems ok, /etc/passwd and smbpassword file
are the exact same one that before so I don't know what have changed
and now it just don't work.
I have a week searching everywhere for one kind of clue that would
take me to an answer, but I have found nothing.
Any ideas you guys could have, please contact me ASAP.

My /etc/samba/smb.conf (Global)

workgroup = LC-FAA
netbios name = graves
hosts allow = 192.168.134. 127.0.0.1 localhost
log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
max log size = 0
security = user
smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
unix password sync = Yes
        passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
        passwd chat = *New*UNIX*password* %n\n
*ReType*new*UNIX*password* %n\n
username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
interfaces = eth0 192.168.134.242/255.255.255.0 127.0.0.1
os level = 70
local Master = yes
domain master = yes
preferred master = yes
logon script = %U.bat
name resolve order = wins lmhosts host bcast
wins support = yes

Thanx...

--
Cároly E. Arenas