[Samba] samba 3.0.14a and KDE kio-smb

Dennis Veatch dveatch at woh.rr.com
Sun Apr 24 15:42:16 GMT 2005

With prior versions of Samba there was a "libsmbclient-HOWTO.txt" provided by
KDE describing how to get the needed libsmbclients to enable the kioslave. It
was pretty handy in that it allowed me the option of installing all of Samba
or just the needed libraries.

Now that KDE 3.4.0 is out none of that is needed. However I liked the idea of
not needing to install all of Samba to get that functionality in KDE.

So can someone describe to me the procedure to build Samba only to get
libsmbclients I need without installing all of Samba?

TIA
Dennis