[Samba] Samba Shares With only Partial Access

E Hines eehines at comcast.net
Sun Apr 24 03:45:03 GMT 2005

I set the Windows password for both ehines and ahines with "smbpasswd -a
ehines" and "smbpasswd -a annlee" .  And I used the same password for
smbpasswd as I used for passwd and for the respective Win2k boxes
logins/passwords.  The usernames also are the same among passwd,
smbpasswd, and the Win2k boxes.

ehines owns /archive, and annlee and ehines own the ahines and ehines
directories, respectively.  The permissions are as follows:

drwsrws--x   4 ehines backups 4096 Apr 23 16:53 archive
drwsrws--x   2 annlee backups 4096 Apr 23 17:54 ahines
drwsrws--x   2 ehines backups 4096 Apr 23 17:34 ehines

Thanks

Eric Hines