[Samba] can't get samba 3.0.14a to work with ldap

rich foo richd2 at ssfs.org
Fri Apr 22 19:33:32 GMT 2005

Hi...
If you have successfully gotten samba 3.0.14a (or any other recent samba
version) to work with ldap, can you perhaps email me your various config
files so I can figure out what I am doing wrong?  Any help would be
greatly appreciated.
I've tried every thing I can think of, but I can't get samba 3.0.14a to
work with ldap.  The ldap server seems to be working and smbclient seems
to work for Administrator but not anyone else but I can't join any
machines to the domain (XP has given me many different errors, but the
most recent is "the specified network name is no longer available") I am
assuming that posting long messages with every config file attatched is
probably not going to win me any friends, so i have put them on the web at
http://thor.ssfs.org/samba/

Thanks in advance,

Rich