[Samba] sambafax

Mario Ohnewald mario.Ohnewald at gmx.de
Fri Apr 22 12:12:51 GMT 2005

Hello List!

I am running hylafax 4.1.8, samba 2.2.3a, and cups 1.1.14 on debian woody.
For some reason i always have to restart cups in order to make the print
job come through.

My debug log shows me that it gets started with no arguments:
p0: /usr/lib/cups/backend/sambafax  --this is the sambafaxscript and
location
p1:
p2:   --under cups this should be the username
p3:
p4:
p5:
p6:   --under cups this is optional the sambafax temporary printfilename
p7:
p8:
.
.
.

Here is my Samba config:
[global]
workgroup = Arbeitsgruppe
server string = Linux
load printers = yes
invalid users = root
log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
max log size = 1000
syslog = 1
encrypt passwords = true
socket options = TCP_NODELAY
local master = yes
os level = 64
preferred master = auto
dns proxy = no
passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
passwd chat = *Enter\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n
*Retype\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n .obey pam restrictions = yes

printcap name = lpstat
printing = cups
use client driver = Yes
print command = lp -d%p -oraw %s; rm %s
lpq command = lpstat -o%p
lprm command = cancel %p-%j
queuepause command = disable %p
queueresume command = enable %p

[printers]
        path = /tmp
        printable = Yes
        browseable = No
        show add printer wizard = yes

Have you got any ideas why the debug script aguments are empty? has that got
anything to do that i have to restart cups in order to make the print job
come through?

Thanks, Mario

--
+++ NEU: GMX DSL_Flatrate! Schon ab 14,99 EUR/Monat! +++

GMX Garantie: Surfen ohne Tempo-Limit! http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl