[Samba] Description of LDAP-attribute sambaSIDList

Tony Earnshaw tonye at billy.demon.nl
Thu Apr 21 15:48:22 GMT 2005

tor, 21.04.2005 kl. 10.37 skrev Matthias Eichler:

> I found some new LDAP attributes in the latest samba.schema,
> that where definitely not there when setting up our environ-
> ment.
>
> Unfortunately I cant find any description of these attributes,
> especially sambaSIDList.
> Does anybody has an definite description of that attribute,
> how it is used and how it should be administered, as the latest
> smbldap-tools do not use it...

Well, you should bet using GQ then, as any savvy OpenLDAP sysadmin
should. God knows how I'd manage OpenLDAP without GQ . Thanks Bert,
thanks Peter, thanks (newly) David Malcolm.

sambaSIDList
OID: 1.3.6.1.4.1.7165.2.1.51
Superior:
Usage:	User applications
Equality: caseIgnoreIA5Match
Ordering:
Substrings:
Syntax { length }: 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.26{64}

Used in objectclasses: sambaGroupMapping

Name: sambaGroupMapping
OID: 1.3.6.1.4.1.7165.2.2.4
Superior: top
Kind: Auxiliary
required attributes:
	gidNumber
	samba GroupType
	sambaSID
Allowed attributes
	displayName
	description
	sambaSI	List

--Tonni

--
Nothing sucksseeds like a pigeon without a beak ...

mail: tonye at billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl

They love us, don't they, They feed us, won't they ...