[Samba] Basic problem with Samba 3.0.11 PDC on Samba Red Hat RHAS3 ACL srpm.

Tony Earnshaw tonye at billy.demon.nl
Thu Apr 21 16:31:58 GMT 2005

People have been experiencing problems with the subject line. AFAICS
most of them haven't bothered to follow selected bits of the HOWTO.
However, the former excludes all references to the idealx scripts, which
I cannot use, since my DIT is set up completely differently from the
idealx concept. I write my own, disjointed, shell and awk OpenLDAP
scripts.

Neither on my RHAS3 test rig (config as above) nor production rig (75+
Win2000k things, config as above) have I experienced any problems.
Everything works as documented in the HOWTO. Including Cups printers

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? Should I upgrade to 3.0.14a to experience real
major problems?

This is really scaring the hell out of me. I have to be making basic
errors to earn my daily bread, and I don't seem to be able to do that.
I'm not including my smb.confs. lest they should confuse yall. They seem
to work as they ought to. It's mortifying. Please help.

To the Samba team: phantastik product, need I say more? To JanHendrik:
jou wordt alles goeds gegund, maar zo gauw mogelijk aan een LOI cursus
nederlands beginnen, en volharden. Heeft voor mij wonderen verricht.

Best and bless you all,

--Tonni

--
Nothing sucksseeds like a pigeon without a beak ...

mail: tonye at billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl

They love us, don't they, They feed us, won't they ...