[Samba] Failed to grant privileges

Alexander Tamm alex at hanken.fi
Wed Apr 20 10:54:54 GMT 2005

Alexander Tamm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I keep having troubles with the privileges that I don't seem ablo to
> grant. Otherwise, I have a working setup with samba 3.0.14a+winbind as a
> member of an AD-domain, but I can't grant privileges...

Sorry. I fumbled with the send button and didn't include the info. This
is how I do it:

# net  -S ourpdc -U jack rpc rights grant 'OURDOMAIN\Domain Admins'
SeDiskOperatorPrivilege
Password:
Failed to grant privileges for OURDOMAIN\Domain Admins
(NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_PRIVILEGE)

(jack is the admin user, instead of Administrator)

testparm -s says:

[global]
        workgroup = OURDOMAIN
        realm = OURDOMAIN.FOO