[Samba] Re: still ACL bug in 3.0.14a

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Wed Apr 20 01:44:24 GMT 2005

On Tue, Apr 19, 2005 at 12:02:12PM -0500, Tom Schaefer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've kind of been hanging with Peter on this whole issue so didn't want to
> just abandon him when Jeremy issued the Solaris patch that fixed things
> for me.
>
> I went and took a hard look at bug report 2619 that Peter filed and tried
> to duplicate it.  He is doing ACLs on specific files, not directories as I
> was.  When specifically following Peter's bug report, I CAN duplicate the
> bug Peter found under Solaris even with the all inclusive force
> group/Solaris patch Jeremy issued yesterday installed.  I put the new
> patch on the Linux box, and as Peter is saying, the problem is still there
> as well.  I noticed Jeremy requesting level 10 debug logs on the bug
> tracking page.  I'll send some as soon as I can.

This is actually a separate (non-ACL) issue. It's not a bug in
the ACL code. I reproduced it last night and am preparing a
response - the problem is the DOS attributes code sees it as
read-only. Do a attrib <filename> command from a Windows client
and you'll see +r at the attribute. It's not strictly a Samba
bug, more a design issue.

I'm at LinuxConfAu at the moment but 2619 isn't a real bug
as if you typed "attrib -r <filename>" it would fix the problem.

Jeremy.