[Samba] Can't Install Samba 3.0.14a

Guido Lorenzutti guido at lorenzutti.com.ar
Tue Apr 19 03:44:17 GMT 2005

FC3 uses rpm packages to mantain the system up to date.

Im sorry to tell you that Fedora dosen't work this way, you just can't
upgrade every single package coz every package needs a dependency. FC
doesn't resolve this automatically.

You should download every samba-*-3.0.14a-1.i386.rpm and install them to
make this work. When you download every package, just

rpm -Uvh samba*3.0.14a*rpm

And everything maybe... maybe... works. But again, is Fedora...

This is not a samba problem. Is a Fedora problem.