[Samba] Samba and Windows shares

Hassan Terry hgterry at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 01:35:46 GMT 2005

Good evening-
I am a systems engineer with BAE Systems and am looking to solve a
Single Sign-On and file access issue using Vintela Authentication
Services (VAS) and Samba. This is to be accomplished on Solaris 9
(0904) workstations and function within an Active Directory
environment (e.g. Windows Server 2003).

VAS is currently advertising that the capability exists to integrate
Samba with Active Directory and Kerberos in a way that lets Samba
interoperate successfully with VAS, but this seems to just be the
capability to provide Solaris data shares to windows clients with no
mention of the reverse. For our effort the need is required to provide
data exchange/access both ways. Is there a way to allow Solaris
clients access to Windows-based data shares using Samba without
would be greatly appreciated and please let me know if there is
anything that I can do to provide support to your team. Thank you in
advance.

--
"H" out

Hassan "H" Terry