[Samba] "standalone" with security = ADS

Alexander Tamm alex at hanken.fi
Mon Apr 18 13:48:54 GMT 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to configure Samba 3.0.14a in the same way as our
3.0.7-server is configured. (to have redundancy during the upgrade of
the main server). I'm having trouble with the security = ADS -line,
which does not seem to have any effect. testparm reports
ROLE_STANDALONE, no matter what I do to the smb.conf...

Any ideas? (Yes, i thought about including the smb.conf, but since the
results are the same, no matter what I do, I thought it wouldn't matter)

Alex