[Samba] linux client accessing Samba domain

Robert Penz robert.penz at outertech.com
Mon Apr 18 07:25:39 GMT 2005

Hi!

I've setup a samba for our windows clients, works all. Then I've setup the
linux clients to authenticate against it. works also. But I wasn't able to
find a way to mount the shares on the linux clients.

My problem is that more than one user can use some linux clients so I can't
make just a static mount via fstab. I need something for every user.

KDE access the servers without any problem, but it requires the
username/password again.

So I need something to mount some shares which use all and the home
directory for each user. And I need to mount it in the name of the real user
(for the permissions) and I don't want to ask a password again.

I've using current Suse 9.2 (KDM and KDE) as client for testing. The server
is debian sarge.